Monday, June 19, 2017

Feel it still



This is my official groove of the week: "Feel It Still" by Portugal. The Man.

Hey, I don't name 'em.

It even makes my arthritic left knee want to dance--which I did just yesterday in my apartment, to no ill effect other than embarrassing myself in front of any neighbor who might have taken a gander through my open blinds.

I have no idea what the video is about, nor do I care. I rather wish all new videos just offered a creative setting for a straight performance with out all the "I'm getting my money's worth out of my film school degree" techniques, which ultimately are rather yawnable or just ruin a perfectly good song. Less is more. And some things are better left to one's imagination.

Any similarities to "Le Palladium" and every other 1960s (in situ or -esque) James Bond/surf punk tune is purely incoincidental, I can assure you.

No comments: