Saturday, February 10, 2018

Canadian content

"A Map of the Don Valley Parkway in Toronto, Canada ..."
by Floydian - Own work based on the map on page 3 of
the Don Valley Corridor Transportation Master
Plan Summary Report, CC BY-SA 3.0
New year, new blog: I'm pleased to introduce my newest blog, And Quiet Flows the Don Valley Parkway

This will be a companion blog to Montag's on Fire, i.e., it won't replace this blog but, instead, will allow me to pay attention to and explore different topics. This blog, Montag's on Fire, will continue to be about a bit of everything--culture, music, soap operas, thoughts, feelings, Donald Trump, whatever moves me. And Quiet Flows the Don Valley Parkway will allow me to be (in theory) a bit more introspective and critical about my experiences in Canada, where I've now lived for two-and-a-half years.

At least that's the plan as concocted on this snowy Saturday in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, the World. Ask me on a sunny Sunday in spring and I might feel completely different about everything, from sauerkraut to freedom of speech. I always reserve the right to be un-pin-downable on various and sundry.

Some of that new Canadian content may appear here. Or maybe not. I haven't decided yet. But posts about Canada I've written heretofore will appear on the new blog. I'm even considering posting older tweets and Facebook commentary about Canada to the new blog, as a way to better chronicle my experiences over time. I have had many quick takes about my life in Canada that were sometimes better handled through a punchy post or trenchant tweet--and because I didn't take the time to write them in a longer format.

Regardless of whether you check out the new blog or stick with what you know, I hope you'll continue to enjoy reading and gaining a better sense of me--at least the parts I choose to share.

(Yeah, I'm like that.)

No comments: