Monday, January 02, 2012

A hot and cold playlist

Imagine these frozen and on fire! Borrowed from Wikipedia.
Now available for your listening pleasure, "A Hot and Cold Mix," made by yours truly using the Mixmeister program, then turned into a podcast with narration (again, by yours truly) with GarageBand software.

You can tune in here.

To get a better sense of what you're listening to, here is the official playlist:

  • Manu Dibango - "Soul Makossa"
  • LCD Soundsystem - "Too Much Love"
  • Robyn - "Dancing on My Own"
  • Little Boots - "Stuck on Repeat"
  • Agnetha Fältskog - "One Way Love" (Razormaid remix)
  • Bobby Orlando - "I'm So Hot for You"
  • Sara Love (aka Sara Lumholdt) featuring Milano - "Glamour Bitch"
  • Annie - "Hey Annie"
  • Just Jack - "Writer's Block"
  • Chris Cornell - "Ground Zero"
  • Deborah Harry - "In Love with Love"
  • Cut Copy - "Need You Now"
  • Marvin Gaye - "Got to Give It Up" (Parts I & II)
  • Yelle - "Unillusion"
  • Cheryl Lynn - "Shake It Up Tonight"
  • LCD Soundsystem - "One Touch"
  • The B-52s - "Mesopotamia" (1990 remix)
  • Kleerup - "Tower of Trelick"

As I explain in the podcast, originally I had some different ideas for this mix, including more Afropop (and generally more examples of "warmer" songs) and a different ending ("Soul Makossa 2.0" featuring Manu Dibango and Wayne Beckford). But time and my collection were not on my side.

So consider this "take 1," with "take 2" to follow . . . depending on my mood and my music.


No comments: