Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Three from our electronic overlords



"Oblivion" by Grimes (released early 2012). I actually prefer "Genesis," but I couldn't find an official video for it. A bit precious? Maybe, but I still like her voice and overall sound.



Trip-hop lives! One of my favorite musical genres of the last two to three decades survives in the guise of French musician and DJ, Wax Tailor, here performing "Heart Stop" with vocalist Jennifer Charles



"Harvest Moon" by Poolside. No real video but such a gorgeous "daytime disco" (their words) sound. Denmark meets California. I believe this is the Neil Young song, actually, with Poolside's version bordering on sacrilege for some, but still, so lush and true to the spirit of the original.

And there my friends is your perfect end-of-summer soundtrack.

No comments: