Monday, March 04, 2013

For the Bible FX tell me so

Facebook is rapidly losing my interest and dissipating my patience. I know far too many people from high school, too many spouses of distant friends, who have very different approaches to life than my own.

Oh, I know, I know. I've heard of The Filter Bubble. I'm an "information professional": I get that Google, Facebook, and others are commercial enterprises and only show us what we're interested in, siphoning away differing opinions and worldviews. (It also means that I've heard of the book, read the reviews, but not actually digested the text.)

And I like that fact, especially when it comes to turning off and tuning out all the gun-toting, Bible thumping, homo-bashing, Chick-Fil-A-eating, universal healthcare-fearing, Obama-hate-mongering "friends" I have who barf up their intellectual cud for me on a daily basis.

Oh, I have learned to give as good (or as bad) as I get, but at the end of day, I really just want to send Mark Zuckerberg a black rose and close my Facebook once and for all. I'm sure he's all in tears over the thought of saying goodbye to me.

Anywho, The Bible series apparently debuted on TV last night. I don't even know what to say regarding this post. The "doubters" will be impressed by "awesome" special effects? Somehow I don't think so. If Charlton Heston parting the Red Sea didn't knock 'em out, I don't thing some of that ol' Industrial Light & Magic is gonna do the trick either.

Bring Charlton Heston back from the dead long enough to let him shoot himself in the foot with his own AK-47? Now that would erase any doubt.

For the record, I'm agnostic, which means I'm too befuddled to be a true believer (or even a Belieber) and too lazy to be an atheist.

Regardless of my thoughts on the matter, though, I truly hope this friend heard God's voice speak to her last night--at least long to tell her to change the channel.  

The Bible series is on The History Channel, not Discovery.

No comments: