Friday, May 10, 2019

Impeachment keen

Spring is here and a not-so-young country's fancy turns to ... impeachment.

America has but three candidates to choose from in what must be the worst conceptualization of The Dating Game ever imagined by an overtired, undercaffeinated blogger, i.e., yours truly.

Bachelor No. 1, America's Vegan Horndog, Bill Clinton; Bachelor No. 2, American's Top County Commissioner with Some Pretty High-Falutin' Aspirations There Buddy, Richard Nixon; and the man of the hour, Bachelor No. 3, Civil War-era Mack Daddy and something of a dead ringer for my Uncle Lonnie minus the quiffy hair, Andrew Johnson.

Confidentially, the distinctions and nuances of their situations evade me, dear reader. I am sure you will not be surprised to learn that I am not a presidential historian, nor do I show up on evening current affairs programs to play one on TV.

Therefore, all I can say is that I don't think even Andrew Johnson's mother talked about his presidency as much as MSNBC does.

No comments: