Thursday, February 07, 2013

Spice up your life!



And why the heck not? A more modern interpretation of Marcos Valle's "Os Grilos (Crickets Sing for Anamaria)," this one by once-and-former Spice Girl Emma Bunton.

Scoff if you must, but I really enjoy this version, which is musically very faithful to the song and yet makes it modern and accessible. It's pop, yes, but very sophisticated pop, something Miss Bunton has made a strong, if somewhat sporadic, effort at over the years. Check out this, which, in my estimation, is nothing short of a pop brilliance.

Great rendition, goofy fun video. My favorite comment on YouTube is the snark about the male companion in the video looking and acting like "every bartender in Benidorm." Ah, well. I'd export myself to the Costa Brava for some hombros and hombres like that if I could afford to do so.

Nevertheless, no comments about the most unsettling image from this video. See 2:15. The "brother" is caught stroking his cock!

*Crickets*

No comments: