Monday, August 22, 2011

Fashion forward with Muammar al-Gadhafi

I can't say this is the first blog posting dedicated to the fashion forward sensibilities of His Serene Epicfailness, Muammar al-Gadhafi, Libyan-Leader-at-Large.

Nor can I claim it is the best.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed pulling it together.

My only regret (other than not knowing how to Photoshop) is that I couldn't find a photo of ol' Mo in a safari-styled leisure suit, which I seem to remember him wearing a lot of in the late '70s.

During his screen test for James Bond: The Caliph Who Loved Me.

During the "Dress Like Winnie Mandela Day" festivities, Tripoli, 1993.

During his award-winning performance of Mame, 1999.

During his brief marriage to Vladimir Putin, Moscow 2007.
Purple is such a healing color--unless you're a dictator.
Off the wall! At Michael Jackson Karoake Night, Dimensionz Nightclub, Benghazi 2006.


Jungle print madness. Fierce!


 
The reason he's no longer married to Vladimir Putin, aka "The Night the Lights Went Out in the Republic of Georgia."
Rowr. Sex-ay.

2 comments:

grumbles said...

OMG. Perfecto! This one should go viral. If I actually had a large pool of acquaintances, I would spread this post 'round the internet ASAP.

Montag said...

Thanks! I try!