Friday, November 09, 2012

(Not) Petrae'ed

Official photo of David Petraeus,
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Let it be known that I really don't care about David Petraeus's admission that he has had an extramarital affair.

I don't see how that's relevant to his job in government, although I could see how it might put him in a compromising position as head of the Central Intelligence Agency. Trying to keep things secret when you're head of one of the world's largest Secrets-is-My-Business entities. Awkward.

But then, arguments like that were used against gays in military or "secret" service for years. So neither stones nor aspersions will be cast from this glass-walled apartment. We've all made some bone-headed mistakes because of a boner. Who knows what goes on inside a relationship? I would prefer not to, and I feel sorry for all parties that this has become public knowledge.

Nevertheless, if the likes of David Petraeus can't keep an extramarital relationship under wraps, what chance do the rest of us stand? Especially those unfortunates that end up on Cheaters?

No comments: