Friday, April 18, 2014

The Great Pretender



Chrissie Hynde returns with a song that rhymes "dark sunglasses" with "ruling classes," produced by Björn of Peter, Björn, & John.

The album this is pulled from is called Stockholm, because La Hynde recorded it in my favorite Northern European capital. Now how can you not be intrigued and attracted.

Personality-wise, I have always found Chrissie kind of a drip. In interviews, she's always seemed like something of a prima donna to me, despite her upbringing in Ohio of all places.

But the life of the artist is never easy, I would imagine. You have to have a supreme belief in yourself to succeed. And while I think such a person would be horrible to know in real life, who am I to judge?

Or rather, I'm quite happy to judge, but I'll keep my distance all the same, except, for the most part, from the art said artist creates.

No comments: