Saturday, April 05, 2014

Leave me alone

From the BBC World News website, 5 April 2014
So, naturally, you would shoot your way to an honoring of your leave request, no?

I know I should feel more sympathy for a guy who clearly is disturbed--no sane person would kill three people and keep on shooting, aiming to end a few more lives (or so I'm assuming). Depression, anxiety, possible post-traumatic stress disorder, and the recent passing of his mother.

And what kind of pencil-pushing, penny-pinching bureaucrat would deny his leave request in the first place?

Nevertheless, the correct response is not, "Hey, I know, I'll just get a gun and kill lots of people."

Except unless you live in the US of A. At least if history-repeating-itself over and over again is any indication.

Thanks, NRA and Congress. You're doing a heckuva job blaming video games and attempting to repeal healthcare reform. Respectively or otherwise.

No comments: