Monday, March 11, 2019

Boy (I've got) problems



All is fine on the home front. Very good in fact. I just really appreciate the pop catchy-ness and geeky goofiness of this song by Carly Rae Jepsen.

Of course, I'm appreciating it four years too late, but this is how it has been: One long, mad blur since I moved to Canada in 2015.

Sometimes, like during the last couple of weeks, I think I'm finally starting to surface after being tossed into the deep end of life's pool and flailing about until I could muster a mediocre dog paddle. And then at other times, like during the last couple of weeks, I feel like I'm drowning in a weird, poorly chlorinated mix of exhaustion, frustration, and grief.

It's probably just March, in some ways the cruelest month, with the hope of a rejuvenating spring on the breeze but the icy shroud of an eternal winter not ready to release its clasp and fall to the ground.

There's still a lot of turmoil between the surface of my life that I need to find a way to fathom and float above. But, in the meantime, Carly Rae Jepsen, god bless her, helps a lot.

Let's dance.

No comments: