Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Arrivederci, Verona!

Lessons learned from the neighbors #3.

After a wet, cold weekend, housebound on the ground floor of my building with my neighbors and their apparent preschool-cum-menagerie housebound on the upper floor, I have decided that I would really like to find a new apartment. Sooner rather than later. Hopefully before the real winter weather sets in, which, given that it's Pittsburgh, will no doubt be in another week-and-a-half.

Nevertheless, nothing is so bad in my little corner of the world as to make me want to take a place in bullet-ridden Verona, no matter how charming it otherwise might be.

Guten tag, Aspinwall.

Is it me, Pittsburgh, or are there shoot-outs and stand-offs on almost a weekly basis these days? Is this a local thing, like the Steelers and halushki and slowing down in tunnels? 'Cause, really, Pittsburgh, the fact that everybody insists on dressing like bumblebees on game days is enough for a gentle soul to contend with.

No comments: