Saturday, October 15, 2011

How I'm spending my Saturday morning

Check all that apply:
  • Ironing the last three (OK! four!) months' worth of "freshly" laundered shirts.
  • Waiting (over an hour now) for my iPhone software to download and update (might have something to do with the fact that a mere two hours ago I thought it did the updates "automatically," as in "magically," without my needing ever to connect the phone to a computer).
  • Contemplating how I can spend more money on Alibris, ABEBooks, Amazon, Half.com, EBay, Fun Records, et al. Nothing like dancing on the edge of one's checking account halfway through the month.
  • Pondering whether it was wise to choose District 7 as my next Netflix-Quickster-Netflix-BiPolarFlix delivery. 
  • Considering that it may be past time to let go of the current South Africa media obsession. (One really should draw the line at planning to learn Afrikaans "in my spare time," shouldn't one?) Perhaps it's time to move on to some place kinder and gentler, like the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which is how I started out the summer. First The Bubble, then Paradise Now, followed by splitting headache and depression.
  • Listening to the neighbors argue, then wondering if they'll quickly move on to another "squeaking bed" interlude.
  • Drinking coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
  • Thinking about what I'm going to wear to the Revolver concert this evening.
  • Debating whether to have an apple with my breakfast or an apple with Nutella with my breakfast.
  • Puzzling over how I could order 8 blue archival binders and 8 blue archival slipcases to protect my stamp collection and somehow end up with 8 of one and 6 of the other, all in non-matching and barely complementary shades of the requested color. 
  • And now debating whether I should buy more slipcases and binders of different colors in order to try to come up with some tolerable combinations. But how many? And which colors? And I am still going to end up with an uneven number when it's all over with?
  • Wanting to go for a run but also wanting to go back to bed.
If you said quietly to yourself, "Bull! All of the above!" then feel free to apply as my life coach and personal assistant. 

No comments: