Sunday, October 16, 2011

Revolver!



At the Revolver in concert at the Smiling Moose, Pittsburgh, 15 October 2011.

Great band, short concert, no crowd to speak of. So as a result, my friend the Music Lover and I had the privilege of meeting and chatting with three of the members: Ambroise, the lead singer and guitarist; Christophe, guitarist and singer; and Jérémie, cellist and singer. Quite charming French lads! I felt 800 years old rather than merely my current, advanced age, trying to converse with a band about their music and their tour, but still, thanks to the Music Lover's bravery, I persevered. I even got to successfully throw out a few phrases in French, to impress myself if no one else.

The concert wasn't exactly what I expected. Revolver is known for a more "chamber pop" sound, but they were much more energetic, danceable, and even kinda rockabilly. Which was a pleasant surprise! Oh, I'd have been happy just hearing "Do You Have a Gun?" in heavy rotation all evening long, but this was a very spirited performance. And the band members couldn't have been friendlier, more unpretentious, and incredibly down-to-earth--so different from what we've come to expect from our celebrities.

And, incroyable! Who has a bass/cello in a modern pop combo? What a wonderful addition to the sound and the look of the group.

It was a nice night overall, a perfect way to continue to celebrate my birthday.

Thanks, Musique Lover.

No comments: